Quick Links


Telephone: (805) 658-4321

Fax: (805) 658-4324

General Questions:

Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays

Location: 800 South Victoria Ave, Ventura, CA 93009

Collected used oil is either reprocessed or re-refined. Re-refined oil undergoes a process to remove contaminants and replace additives to produce a good-as-new base oil. Reprocessing involves blending oil with virgin stock to make industrial heating fuel. The metal in used filters can be recycled.

Take other types of hazardous materials to your local HHW collection facility.

Call 805-658-4321 for more information on any of the used oil recycling programs.

  • Disposing of Used Oil in Your Garbage Bin or in the Storm drain contaminates Surface Water and Groundwater
  • Used oil and filters can be taken to a state Certified Collection Center (CCC), some locations do not accept filters. CCCs are required by state law to pay a $0.40 per gallon recycling incentive upon request.  CCC locations:  Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery or contact your local HHW/Recycling Coordinator.
  • Call the CCC before you take your used oil in to ensure the center is accepting drop offs.
  • Never mix used oil with solvents, water, gasoline, antifreeze or any other substances. Contaminated oil will not be accepted and must be taken to an HHW facility for disposal.
  • Use containers that seal tightly. Most CCCs have a daily limit of 5-gallons per person, per day.
  • Filters must be drained and put in a leak proof container, such as a plastic zip-lock bag prior to disposal.
  • Do not leave oil, filters, or containers onsite after regular business hours.

There are three recycling centers strategically located in Ventura County specifically for collecting agricultural used oil and filters for recycling.  ONLY AGRICULTURAL USED OIL GENERATORS ARE ALLOWED to recycle used oil and filters at these locations free of charge.

Agricultural used oil recycling centers do not offer a recycling incentive payment as they are not open to the general public.

Contaminated oil IS NOT accepted – contact a permitted waste oil hauler for disposal.

Agricultural used oil generators may transport up to one 55-gallon drum sized container of used motor oil per trip and recycle the used oil at one of the following three centers:

William L. Morris Chevrolet
1024 E. Ventura Street (Hwy 126)
Fillmore, CA 93015
(805) 524-0333
Hrs: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. & Sat 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.

Silvas Oil Company, Inc.
1757 E. Wooley Road
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 486-4581
Hrs: Mon-Fri 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

LBL Equipment
4755 E. Los Angeles Avenue
Somis, CA 93066
(805) 386-3250
Call for days/hours open


Click here for a statewide listing of agricultural used oil collection centers.

What is re-refined oil?

Re-refined oil is used motor oil that undergoes an extensive re-refining process to remove contaminants and produce new base oil that is as good or better than oil made from crude. This base oil is then sold to blenders who replace the additive packages to produce lubricants such as motor oil, transmission fluid, and grease. A molecule of re-refined oil is identical to a molecule of crude oil because oil doesn’t wear out, it just gets dirty.

Why use re-refined oil?

Re-refining used oil avoids the environmental impacts associated with drilling and transportation of crude oil, and takes about one-third the energy of refining crude oil to lubricant quality. Re-refining also reduces imports, creates American jobs, and makes our country less dependent on foreign resources.

Are re-refined lubricants safe to use in my vehicle?

Yes!  Lubricants made from re-refined base stocks must undergo the same testing and meet the same standards as other lubricants in order to receive the American Petroleum Institute’s (API) certification. All major vehicle and engine manufacturers (including Mercedes Benz, Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, and Caterpillar) have issued warranty statements that allow the use of re-refined oil as long as it meets API standards. You can verify re-refined oil brands meet API standards by the “API Service Mark” on the container label. Many government and private fleets have been using re-refined lubricants in their vehicles for over a decade and report no oil related engine problems. Fleets using re-refined oil have included Coca-Cola Corporation, United Parcel Service, Gold Coast Ambulance, the U.S. Military, and numerous Police and Fire Departments.

Need more information on re-refined oil?

Re-refined oil is available at numerous service stations and auto parts stores in Ventura County.  For more information, contact David Goldstein at:
805/658-4312 or

For additional information or to purchase re-refined oil, call:
Safety-Kleen Customer Service (800) 525-5739
Safety-Kleen (800) 972-5284
76 Lubricants (800) 435-7761

On the internet:

California’s Re-Refined Information site

76 Lubricants Search for the word “Firebird”


The following locations accept used motor oil and oil filters from boaters for proper disposal. Do not leave used oil or oil filters after hours. Used oil contaminated with any other fluids will not be accepted.  Contaminated oil can be properly disposed of at a local Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.

Ventura Harbor
Dave’s Marine
1404 Anchor’s Way

Ventura Port District Collection Facility
1431 Spinnaker Drive
(for slip tenants only)

Channel Islands Harbor
Harbor Department Fuel Dock
3855 Pelican Way

Lake Casitas
Lake Casitas Marina & Boat Rentals
11311 Santa Ana Road

Bilge Water Pump-Out Facility

A bilge pump-out station is available to all boaters, free of charge, at the Channel Islands Harbor Department Administration Dock, located next to the Harbor Department Fuel Dock at 3855 Pelican Way. Use of this facility prevents oil, diesel, and other hazardous liquids from being pumped into our sensitive waters and reduces wear and tear on a boat’s bilge pump. Boaters using this facility are reminded not to use detergents or degreasers in their bilges as it interferes with the oil and water separation process of the facility equipment.

Bilge Pad Exchange Program

Free, absorbent bilge pads and disposal of used bilge pads are available at the following locations.  Do not leave used bilge pads after hours.


All Certified Used Oil Collection Centers (CCCs) are certified by the state Department of Recycling Resources and Recovery (CalRecycle). Most CCCs also accept drained oil filters as well as used motor oil. CCCs are required to pay a used oil recycling incentive of $0.40 per gallon upon your request. Please call the CCC nearest you for business hours.

Please note: it is illegal to leave oil, oil filters, and/or containers at any oil collection center after business hours.

For a statewide listing of CCC locations, check the CalRecycle website. Other types of hazardous materials can be taken to your local Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.

Ventura County’s Airport Used Oil Collection Program provides local pilots and aircraft owners with an easy way to properly dispose of used oil and filters. Pilots can recycle their used engine oil and filters at facilities set up at the Camarillo and Oxnard airports as well as at State Certified Collection Centers throughout Ventura County. Each airport’s collection site features drums for used engine oil as well as a container for oil filters.

Aircraft tenants at Camarillo and Oxnard can obtain free, reusable containers by contacting their airport’s main office below or click

  •  Camarillo Airport:  805/388-4497
  •  Oxnard Airport:  805/382-3022

Aircraft tenants at the Santa Paula Airport can take their used oil and filters to one of the State Certified Collection Centers located in the city. These centers are listed below. Santa Paula Airport tenants can obtain a free, reusable container while supplies last by calling the Santa Paula Solid Waste & Recycling Department at 805/933-4219.

  • Auto Zone
    159 E. Harvard Blvd.
    933-1339 – Does not accept filters
  • Kragen Auto Parts
    275 W. Harvard Blvd.

Residents can take their used motor oil and filters to a local Certified Collection Center (CCC). For a listing of CCC locations click Department of Recycling Resources and Recovery (CalRecycle) or contact your local Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) & Recycling Coordinator.

Take contaminated oil and other types of hazardous waste to your local HHW collection facility.