Need to Know when a grading permit is required and what grading activities are exempt? Download the following Handout: When is a grading permit required? You can also view when a grading permit is required in the 2019 Ventura County Building Code.
Grading Permit Application
- Remove and Recompact (R&R) Permit Package. This package contains an application form, fee schedule, instructions, and a checklist for use in applying for a remove and compact grading permit for a Building & Safety Division approved foundation(PDF, ZIP)
- Remove and Recompact (R&R) Cover Sheet. The Remove and Recompact Cover Sheet must be included in the R&R permit application. (PDF, ZIP)
- Grading Title Sheet: The Grading Plan Cover Sheet must be included as the first sheet of all Grading Plan sets. (PDF, ZIP)
- Grading Sheet Title Block: The Grading Plan titleblock must be included in all Grading Plan sets. (PDF, ZIP)
- Grading Permit Application Package.(This Download contains all necessary forms below) This Package contains an application form, fee schedule, instructions, and a checklist for use in applying for a grading permit.(PDF , ZIP)
- DS-01 Grading Permit Application. Permit Form/application.
- DS-02 Grading Plan Check and Processing Agreement Agreement to perform plancheck review.
- DS-03, Authorization of Agent form. Document authorizing the agent to manage the plancheck process on the owners behalf.
- DS-04, Acknowledgement of Employment of Technical Consultants An owner acknowledgment regarding employment of consultants.
- DS-05, Grading Plancheck Review Checklist This checklist is used by the staff engineer during review of grading permit applications.
- DS-06, Stormwater Permit Req’s for New & Re-Development. Questionnaire regarding Best Management Practices Post Construction
- DS-07, Stormwater Permit Req’s for Construction Activities . Questionnaire regarding Best Management Practices during Construction.
- Stormwater Quality form(s): SW-1, SW-2, SW-HR. Select and complete stormwater forms applicable to project.
- Off-site construction permission Sample Off-site Construction Permission Letter. Required if work limits is performed outside property lines.Modify to fit your project specific needs.