Are you concerned that someone is grading/constructing without a permit?
You can now check and see if they have a permit with Ventura County.
You can log into the Ventura County Citizen Access site and check to see what permits a person has. You can look up permits from; Building and Safety, Code Compliance, Fire, Planning, Public Works, Environment Health and the GIS Division.
Visit Citizen Access here: http://vcca.ventura.org. You will need to register and create an account if you do not have one already.
Permit Record Lookup
- Open your web browser and navigate to: http://vcca.ventura.org, which is an informational web page that contains resources to assist you in navigating the County of Ventura Citizen Access site.
- From the VC Citizen Access informational web page, click on the Go To Citizen Access Now link in the navigation bar at the top of the page to access the If you have difficulty viewing the system, please make sure you are using an internet browser that is compatible to the system. A list of compatible internet browsers is available on the information web page.
- Users must have a registered account to search and review permit Login to VC Citizen Access by typing in your user name and password.
If you do not have a registered account, click the Register for an Account hyperlink in the upper right-hand corner of the Home page. For assistance with the registration process, refer to the User Account Registration Process FAQ page.
Or, if you have forgotten your password, click on the “I’ve forgotten my password” hyperlink underneath the Login information, and fill-out the appropriate fields (i.e. email address and the answer to your security question) to receive a new password.
4. Once you have logged into VC Citizen Access, click the Check/Research Permits hyperlink under any of the County departments (Building, Code Compliance, Fire, Planning, and Public Works) on the Home
5. In the General Search page, you can begin your search by using any of the search filters, as shown If you know the permit number, you can enter it in the Record Number field and click the Search button at the lower left-hand side of the page. Clicking the Search button without any criteria will display all permits for that department.
6. The search results will appear at the bottom of the Locate the appropriate permit number from the search results, and click the permit number hyperlink under the Record Number column.
7. General information such as location, parcel information, and other permit related information will be Click on the arrows next to each field to see details pertaining to that specific field.
If you have any questions on any of the content displayed in VC Citizen Access or cannot locate the record information that you are searching for, please contact the appropriate department for more information.
For any technical issues, you may contact us at Citizen.Access@ventura.org.