Notice of Request for Qualification for El Rio Pedestrian Improvement Project – Geotechnical Services
The County of Ventura Roads & Transportation Department (Agency) is seeking a qualified Consulting Firm to provide Geotechnical Engineering Services to assist in determining the feasibility of the construction of infiltration trenches as part of an overall pedestrian improvements project in the unincorporated area of El Rio in Ventura County, California. The Agency was awarded funds from the Active Transportation Program (ATP) to install pedestrian improvements and other infrastructure elements to increase safety in the El Rio area (Attachment 1). The qualified Firm shall provide all labor, materials, and equipment necessary to perform the following:
- Subsurface soil investigation which shall include the drilling of multiple test borings at a minimum of two locations.
- Infiltration testing at a minimum of two locations.
- Pavement recommendation
- Report summarizing findings, conditions, and recommendations
The proposed minimum depth of the infiltration trenches is approximately 3 feet below existing grade. All work is to be performed in accordance with the Ventura County Technical Guidance Manual Stormwater Quality Control Measures Appendix C. The successful Firm shall provide an experienced and qualified team that specializes in subsurface soil investigations and is familiar in working with public agencies to provide the services included in this Request for Qualifications.
- The SOQ must not be more than 15 single sided pages and shall be in spiral bound 8.5”x11” format. The SOQ shall include the following:
- A cover letter signed by an authorized representative of the prospective consulting firm. Cover letter shall include contact information: Name, address, telephone number, and email address. A brief description of the firm including the type of services offered.
- Statement of Understanding – Consulting firm shall include a statement describing their understanding of the work to be performed under this contract and a brief description of the firm including the types of services offered.
- List of specific personnel to be made available for this specific contract and resume for each describing their education, experience, and qualifications.
All responses to the RFQ must be submitted by Friday, November 5, 2021, by 3:00 P.M. For more information and copies of the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) can be obtained by contacting the County of Ventura – Roads & Transportation department at Joshua.Patricio@ventura.org, (805) 654-2054.