Traffic Signal Design Services
County of Ventura Transportation Department
Advertised on 01/08/2020
The County of Ventura Transportation Department is soliciting Statements of Qualifications from qualified firms to provide professional traffic signal design services to support the department of a project. The Project involves a new signal design at the intersection of Hueneme Road and Wood Road and upgrading the existing signal on Hueneme Road and Las Posas Road. Copies of the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) can be obtained by contacting the County of Ventura – Transportation Department at 805-654-3987 or visiting the Hall of Administration Building, 3rd Floor, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA.
The RFQ includes a description of the services to be provided by respondents; the minimum content of the responses; and the factors to be used to evaluate the responses. Disadvantage Business Enterprises (DBE’s) are encouraged to apply. The county reserves the right to change the solicitation schedule or issue amendments to the solicitation at any time. The County reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to waive immaterial irregularities contained in the solicitation. The County Reserves the right to refrain from contracting with any respondent.
All responses to the RFQ must be submitted by January 22nd, 2020, by 2:00 P.M.
For more information, please contact Sohil Bhakta at 805-654-3987 or visit at County of Ventura, Hall of Administration Building, 3rd Floor, Public Works Agency – Transportation Department, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA.
RFQ Questions and Answers:
1. The introduction indicates that the interconnect will be “wireless radio”, while the 60% PS&E SOW suggests hard wire interconnect. Please clarify.
- The connection between the traffic signals shall be wireless interconnect.
2. Have consultant(s) been involved in the evaluation of the safety and operation of this corridor? If so, who and are they being invited to respond to this RFQ?
- A consultant from UC Berkeley’s SafeTrec program was involved in conducting traffic safety evaluation for this corridor. They did not receive an invitation to participate in this RFQ. The County has conducted its own Warrant Analysis.
3. Based on 30% SOW – would we need to show team expertise with survey, right-of-way acquisition, Geotech and/or potholing?
- Yes, you will need to show team expertise with survey, right-of-way acquisition, Geotech and/or potholing.